Bold text causing lag?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tedley, Nov 25, 2015.

1. tedley macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus running IOS 9.1. I turned on bold text a few days ago (aging eyes) and have noticed a lag that started a few days ago as well. Turning off the bold text, the lag has seemed to disappear. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if there is a lot of extra work for the OS to do in rendering the bold text, but that's just a guess.

I haven't had any problems with lag since I upgraded from 8.4.1 to 9.0.1 With the exception of turning on the bold text under 9.1, my phone has been pretty zippy overall.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Tons of the settings in iOS are completely borked. Don't turn increase contrast on and off without sliding down spotlight in between, it will screw spotlight up. Sometimes enabling but then disabling this setting kind of helps performance which is weird.

Having zoom enabled on my mini 2 litters the device with lag, even if it isn't even zoomed in or using a filter or anything. For example, exiting an app when a keyboard is open results in horrible lag and frame drops when zoom is enabled, but if zoom is disabled it's fine. I know that it's been that way since iOS 8.

Considering those situations I mentioned, this wouldn't surprise me.