Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dockabros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm a Mac novice and looking for some advice about BOM Archiver. At the school where I am teaching at the moment the word and power point files on my USB drive keeping appearing as Zip files on the Mac at the school.

The problem is that they aren't saved as Zip files but rather just regular uncompressed files so I don't know why this keeps happening. When I click to open them with BOM Archiver they start to "multiply" into more zip files. I've tried opening them in Microsoft office but no luck. Also, the other Macs at the school don't have this issue -just this one desktop. I need this computer to show power points etc to pupils but can't open the files. Any suggestions?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You should first check to see if the proper file extension is being saved to the PP files ("Get Info"). Since the other Macs at school don't have the problem I'd guess you're OK there. Then you should compare the two versions of PP on the two different Macs to make sure you're not saving as a version that's too new for the one particular school Mac's PP to open.

Also, check to see what the default application is to open PP files on the cranky Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.