Bonjour can't be deleted fully in Windows 7... Need advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GekiRed, Apr 26, 2011.

1. GekiRed macrumors regular

[NOTE: I'm only posting here because there's no section for iTunes in the forums and this problem is iPod Touch related in a way]

I was recently advised that to fix my continual syncing problems with my 4th Gen iPod Touch that I would have to uninstall and reinstall iTunes.

I've uninstalled most of the elements making up iTunes including Bonjour then rebooted... or so I thought.

When I rebooted the PC, I found that I couldn't delete the Bonjour folder as it was still running somehow. I tried deleted the files within the folder, even going as far as renaming the dll file but that didn't work either.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and frankly, this is pissing me off something royally if Bonjour's being a pain in the ass to delete after being advised to delete it to fix iTunes.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can delete it somehow before looking at taking my laptop in to my local Apple Store to see if they can fix the problem, I'd be very grateful.

2. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Err... I think you can open up the start button and type services in the search. Then stop Bonjour service, and delete the files. Make sure everything related to iTunes, such as iPodservice, iTuneshelper, blah blah are ended in the Task manager (processes). Hope this helps. (I am not really sure of this, but this method should work)

3. GekiRed thread starter macrumors regular

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advice.:D