bonjour help

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
Hi,

I'm trying to use bonjour for the first time, attempting to send a file from one comp to another (in the same room.) I can see the other SN on my buddy list, but any IMs don't go through, revealing the message: "Instant Message connection failed. The other person’s computer may be unreachable."

Any ideas? Am i using Bonjour correctly?

EDIT: I have an ethernet cord... is there a way to transfer the files that way too?

EDIT2x: Okay, I successfully transferred the files via ethernet, but my bumbling around the system preferences was very awkward. Anyways, i'm still interested in learning how to use bonjour!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
ero87 said:
Hi,

I'm trying to use bonjour for the first time, attempting to send a file from one comp to another (in the same room.) I can see the other SN on my buddy list, but any IMs don't go through, revealing the message: "Instant Message connection failed. The other person’s computer may be unreachable."

Any ideas? Am i using Bonjour correctly?

EDIT: I have an ethernet cord... is there a way to transfer the files that way too?

EDIT2x: Okay, I successfully transferred the files via ethernet, but my bumbling around the system preferences was very awkward. Anyways, i'm still interested in learning how to use bonjour!
Which computers? Which OS on each computer?