Book cataloguing app - what's your favorite?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roisin and mac, Jan 2, 2011.

1. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

I'm looking for an application to help me catalogue my books. But the tricky thing is that I would like it to work for not just my hard copy books, but my ebooks too, which I have in three different places: on my kindle for iphone app, my Adobe Digital editions, and my kindle for mac (in the future I might also be getting books from the apple ebookstore to read on my iphone or if I get an ipad, so it might be good to keep this in mind when choosing an app now).

The other requirement is for the app to have an iOS version - for my iphone now, and possibly for an ipad since I might be getting one soon. I'd like to be able to sync the data so I can look up books on the go and save myself a bunch of multiple purchases :p

I already know of delicious library; I like that I can easily enter the books using the isight, and that you can even use it for CDs, games and clothes among other things, and of course it has the iphone apps. But unfortunately it doesn't work for ebooks :/

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Hi! I don't know of a universal suggestion for what you're after but I find Chikoo invaluable for organising my electronic library. I've a fairly large collection of PDF documents and ebooks (mainly on Kindle) that I can organise into smart folders (and add attributes to search them by) with a quick-look option . Maybe worth a look!

http://codingturtle.com/chikoo/