Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bntz313

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Here is a Book cover I'm doing for a friend. I'm going to layout the whole thing, let me know what you think of it.

Untitled-1.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't get the circles. The rest is really appealing to me. The circles are just plain out of place imho.

Bojingle

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
I personally like the circles.

'The Underground Artists of Detriot' seems really disconnected to the Detroit to me, though.

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
"The underground Artists" is too disconnected from the rest of it. Maybe make it a bit bigger and move it down a little? Otherwise I like it.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Am I having a senior moment or is the apostrophe on the word 'artists' completely unnecessary?

Also, even if it was, you'd want to hang it out and align the e, d, s and f better.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Here's a what if...

• Get rid of the circles.
  • Make a black bar that's a little bit taller than the word "Detroit" and the full width of the cityscape, place it at the bottom of the cityscape.
  • Move the drips to the bottom of the black bar.
  • Reverse "Detroit" out of the black bar, centered top to bottom and flush right.
  • Move "The Underground Artists of" to the left of "Detroit" also reversed out of the black bar and flush right to the left side of "Detroit".
  • Change the typeface on the byline to something sanserif and a bit bolder to give it some weight and importance on the gray background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.