Book recommendations for CSS?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ndividual, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ndividual macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am pretty good with computers and have a decent amount of knowledge with html, beginner javascript, and programs like dreamweaver. I need to redo a website for the record label I work for and the previous web designer used CSS for the entire site. My past websites have mainly been html and more for aesthetics and designs, rather than business purposes. I need to create a functional site that will include our online store (though I don't need to code that) but should be able to easily update pages such as tour dates, news, press releases, promo materials, etc. I was going to order or buy some books this weekend and just wondering if anyone had some suggestions. With so many books out there it's hard to pick out the good ones.

Thanks so much!

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Any book by Eric Meyers on CSS will be invaluable to you. I'm not sure just how many he has out now, but start on his web site - you will find some excellent stuff there also.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Go to Sitepoint and check out their book section. They have several good CSS books.

4. one3 macrumors regular

I found "CSS Mastery" by Andy Budd to be very good.

5. ndividual thread starter macrumors newbie

6. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

the zen of css design is pretty good too, makes you realise that there are soooooooo many aspects to web design and of course how cool css is (even with all the hacks you'll need to pull off for cross-browser support)

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I have 7 ebooks from sitepoint, one called "The Art and Science of CSS" if you're interested...

8. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Cascading Style Sheets Designing for the Web

- Hakon Wium Lie & Bert Bos

9. PROJECT359 macrumors regular

PROJECT359

The O'Reilly books on CSS are very useful and good to keep on a desk for quick reference.

10. NoOrdinary macrumors newbie

Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets
    by Christopher Schmitt cs.

This is the first book that actually encouraged me to try learning more about full XHTML/CSS layout.