Book recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bearbo, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

Hey,

I'm looking to pick up a book for flash. Does any one have any recommendations?

I saw in the bookstore the Class in a Room series by Adobe, it looks nice. Has anyone got any say about this one? Any other ones?

===

I'm looking to pick up a book for dreamweaver. Does any one have any recommendations?

I saw in the bookstore the Class in a Room series by Adobe, it looks nice. Has anyone got any say about this one? Any other ones?

===

I'm looking to pick up a book for photoshop. Does any one have any recommendations?

I searched the previous threads, and found the previous editions of these titles were recommended. However if I were to pick up one, which of these is more comprehensive?

Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Photographers, by Martin Evening
    The Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers, by Scott Kelby
    Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book, by Adobe Creative Team

===

I'm looking to pick up a book for html and general web design. Does any one have any recommendations?

Thanks.

2. nicolasmasset macrumors regular

Well it kindof depends on what you know already. I'm a webdeveloper myself and I've found "CSS Mastery" http://www.cssmastery.com/ an incredibly helpful book to truly understand divs, floats, IE bugs etc. I highy recommend it.

3. iTim314 macrumors 6502

I don't know of any good books about it, but HTML Goodies is a great website with tips and tutorials!

http://htmlgoodies.com

4. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

I don't know much. So I'd like to start with the basics.

This is gonna sound idiotic, but do I need to learn a lot about html and other language, in order to design web pages (decent ones) with, say, Dreamweaver?

thanks for the suggestions, btw!

5. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

6. Igantius macrumors 65816

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Friends of ED books - written by creative professionals for creative professionals.

re: question about learning HTML etc in order to use Dreamweaver - my advice is to pick at least a little, it would pay dividends in the long one. You don't need such knowledge to use Dreamweaver (and I have worked alongside some pretty good web designers who certainly didn't) but it lets you use the the app more effectively and sort out coding problems yourself.