book to learn Mac osX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eeden, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Eeden macrumors newbie

I just bought my first Mac, a 2.4 ghz macbook pro:D

Since this is my first Mac I would like to get to know the OS. Can someone recommend me a good book to do this?

Thx

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Definitely go to Barnes & Noble! In the computer section there are tons of these books like Portable Genius: Mac OSX, OXS Leopard for Dummies, and so on. I have thought about buying one, but I either taught myself or asked a friend lol :p

3. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

I'm sure the Dummies series on Mac OS X is pretty good. If you dont want to spend any money, Google is amazing source for anything :D

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would really consider getting One-To-One; you will learn a lot if you ask the right questions.

5. LowEnder macrumors member

I have always liked Maria Langer's Visual Quickstart Guides from Peachpit Press: there are both Basic and Medium/Advanced levels, although for my needs the Basic has always been enough.
    Don't forget your fellow Mac users are always ready to help!
    Good Luck!

6. wayne226 macrumors member

A good book is the missing manual by david pogue,covers every thing in osx leopard.

7. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

save your money. use it for two weeks and you will learn almost all you need to know about it. and use the online guides on this site. between those two things you'll be fine.;)

8. smogsy macrumors 6502a

A good book is the missing manual by david pogue,covers every thing in osx leopard. easyily the best i have it :D

9. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I bought the book for the quick reference card for all of the keyboard shortchuts, but you can find the list online here.

Save your money. It'll just take a little time to unlearn the bad habits you developed using windows. I switched over in March too!

:D

10. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Yeah, their computer series are very good, especially when it comes to programming.

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian