Bookarc for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCAsan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The wife and I were wanting a vertical stand for our rMBPs. I ordered the updated Bookarcs early this week from TwelveSouth. They arrived today. They ship with insert #5 (for cMBP) installed. It took a few seconds to remove it and put in insert #7 for the rMBP. If you get one, pay attention to the fact that the insert has a front and back to match the slightly different profiles of the rMBP top and bottom. Using the stand really frees up the desk space. I image it allows for better radiant cooling as well.

No the stand are not inexpensive....but what is with a Mac? ;)
    But so far, we like these very much. :)

2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

I have one for my regular MBP it's really nice when I don't want to use the second display. I cable tied all of my cables together in a bundle though haha! So I'm not able to move it around as easily.

I wonder if they will ever make a thunderbolt adapter that will handle all the extras like USB 3.0 and FW 800 (when needed) as well as displays and maybe even audio.

I dream of a single plug-in solution for using my MBP as a desktop replacement.

EDIT: Oh my gosh. My dream product actually exists! Thank you Belkin! (http://www.belkin.com/thunderbolt/)

(Btw - I bought my Bookarc with my new MBP only a couple months ago and I did not get that insert. The only other one I got was for a Macbook Air.)

3. jlin615 macrumors regular

Let's see some pictures!

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

At a rip off price. Might as well sell blow to cover the cost.

5. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan