Bookarc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dobbs2, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Have any of you guys used this before? Have you noticed any overheating or wifi issues when you use cpu intensive programs? I plan to use this with the Belkin Thunderbolt express dock when that comes out. How do you guys feel about your purchase? Thanks.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Adding a picture or a link would have been better, had to google what it was.

I think that it is actually better for cooling, you know, heat rises.

But, I would be terrified for scratches with this, and I think it's a bit fiddly with cables, it does look nice though when it is set up.

3. Dobbs2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry. I meant to link the website. I guess I forgot. It has three rubber inserts for different sizes thats the only way I could see it preventing scratches.

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc/

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Ah, Ok, it's rubber, I thought it's plastic.

5. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

I use my computer on a cooling stand. It slides nicely under my Cinema display and will operate on the stand open or closed.

That said, it's a classy design, and I've never noticed any issues working in clamshell-closed mode, heat or otherwise.

6. wabbit42 macrumors regular

I use it primarily for some light gaming (Spore!) so I can have the laptop in clamshell mode and use my external monitor. It provides good ventilation - you can choose which orientation to have the Macbook in to give the fans room to breathe.