BookBook for iPhone 5 Black Leather Impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eddiexhart, Nov 26, 2012.

1. eddiexhart, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012

eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Well, I received my Twelve South BookBook iPhone 5 Case today via FedEx!

[​IMG]

I gotta say it's a very fine product indeed. As soon as I opened the package, I was greeted with the strong lovely smell of the leather. Removing the actually packaging from the little insert they provided with it is a little tough but just needs a strong tug.

Upon removing the BookBook, it feels great! The case doesn't feel cheap! It holds my credit cards and a few bills very nicely, but I gotta admit.. as great as this case may look and seem I can tell it has it flaws. I can say that it feels like it was still rushed out, or at least mine does..

When inserting your iPhone into the snap case, beware! You'll cringe a little when snapping it in. It's as if you can feel the plastic scrapping against the aluminum. I definitely wont be removing my phone as much.

As you can see from the pictures, there is small yet to some, big flaws.

The camera cut out is actually kinda BAD. Like the plastic looks messed up.
    [​IMG]
    The phone snap looks to have been misaligned. Starting from the top..
    [​IMG]
    to the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    Also, they could have at least cleaned up the glue residue.
    [​IMG]

Now, I'm not trying to be negative, because this case does hold promise, but I was expecting a little bit more QC in a $60.00 case/wallet. I have emailed Twelve South in hopes that they at least correct the flaws. But for the most part, I like it. Just wish there was a little more care!

2. deanfx4u macrumors regular

Thanks for your write-up. I feel exactly the same about mine. I bought a brown one for my 5. I have used this case on a 4s previously. It would have been nice if TwelveSouth could have just left the sleeve with the camera cutout. I would be quite a bit happier. Plus, where is the red ribbon thing on the top?