BookBook owners -- too bulky for reading in bed?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sigamy, Sep 17, 2011.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

I'm looking to get one of the notebook/moleskine style iPad cases. I really like the BookBook, but I wonder if it will be too bulky and heavy for reading eBooks in bed.

I know this is a subjective question, but any one have any input on this? For BookBook owners, do you simply use the case to transport and store the iPad, or do you also use it when using the iPad?

TIA.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I use mine in the BookBook all the time, even reading in bed
    I love it, and have the BookBook for the iPhone too

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

Magazines have improved

No more lugging several magazines. It's great when traveling for business. Works and looks beautiful on the iPad. :)

4. feazle macrumors newbie

Does your iPad ever slide out? I tried using a BookBook for a little while but I was always a little nervous it might fall out - I wished they had done a four corner thing rather than the long strap.

5. Indigovalley macrumors member

Indigovalley

I am currently using the BookBook. So far it's holding my iPad 2 quite firmly. However, I did add a snap-on cover to the back of my iPad. I think that it makes it fit even snugger in the leather holders in the BookBook. I don't take my iPad out of the case much--I do worry about the leather holders stretching over time.

I wish the BookBook had a holder system similar to the Maroo case I also own. The attachment system in the BookBook is a weak point in an otherwise excellent case IMO.

I like that the BookBook zips shut. It protects my iPad when I carry it in my teacher bag and the book appearance is great camoflage.