Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pick one!

• BookBook MBA 13'

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Hard Candy + Speck Hard Case

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Hello Macbook Air Lover, :D

This year I have been through 4 different macbook(5 of iphone 4:D) trying to find the perfect one for me! I sold my 15' MBP last week and ordered MBA 13' Ultimate from apple.ca and hopping for double sammy! :D So I been searching couple days now and narrow it down to two set-up for my MBA! The bookbook looks very interested and the Hard Candy and speck Hard case looks like the best protection! I found this video here that the speck does fit in hard candy!

Both setup are about the same price! Which one would you guys pick?

Cheers!

Last edited:

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
I have the Speck clear shell with the Hard Candy Bubble case. It's great. The Hard Candy case looks better in photos than in real life, though. It looks a little cheap, but it seems to do the job just fine.

I wish the red rubber corners were on both sides of the case, though, and not as it is on only the bottom half.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
I have the Speck clear shell with the Hard Candy Bubble case. It's great. The Hard Candy case looks better in photos than in real life, though. It looks a little cheap, but it seems to do the job just fine.

I wish the red rubber corners were on both sides of the case, though, and not as it is on only the bottom half.

How long have you had the Speck case? I heard they crack after about couple months of uses

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
How long have you had the Speck case? I heard they crack after about couple months of uses

I've had the case from about 1-2 weeks after the 2011 MBAs came out. I actually dropped my MBA but it landed on the part of the floor that had a rug first, then fell onto the hardwood floor. The case is still fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.