BookEndz Docking Station for MBP; anyone using this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlanuez, Oct 14, 2007.

1. jlanuez macrumors 6502

While not in the field, I am currently using our 17" MBP in the studio hooked up to a 30" ACD.

Is anyone using the $320 BookEnz Docking Station?

I was also considering the $40 Laptop Stand from PowerSupport, but you still have to manually plug/unplug 7+ the cables each time and it is currently not available (again!).

What is you opinion?

2. gotzero macrumors 68040

I would like one for my MBP, but not for more than $75-$100. There not anything too complicated in the design, and it is just not worth it for the price. Hopefully there will be massive price reductions, at which point I would love one.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is too expensive for what it does really. If it were under $75 I would buy, but otherwise it's a waste of cash imo.

4. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

The BookEnz looks pretty sweet.. I bet it's one of those things you don't know how you lived without once you get it. So i say if it's for business and you're in/out of the field a lot go for it. As a student I couldn't justify the price, which is why i got the el cheapo slippery elevatorrrrrrr

5. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Agreed. I wish someone would make a sexy, functional docking station for mac notebooks.

6. azdude macrumors 6502

Me too, but only Apple could do it properly. Something like (*gasp*) Dell does with a single large many-pin connector on the bottom of the laptop, providing all data & power connections to the dock. That'd be great.

7. amusiccale macrumors 6502

I avoided the Bookendz on the assumption that for the difference between its price and that of the mstand, I could eliminate several of the "7+" cords with a wireless desktop, powered USB hub, etc.