"Booking" In My Dock & I've Never Heard of It

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Laisha, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Laisha macrumors regular

Laisha

When I went to bed last night, everything was hunky-dorey with my computer. But I woke up this morning, and I noticed a new icon in my dock. (Attached.)

I don't THINK it was there when I went to bed, but it could be I hadn't noticed. I am a tad suspicious about a message that popped up while I was on Amazon which said I needed to update Adobe. I didn't give it a second thought because it was Amazon's site, and that's not the way they generally rip people off.

It identifies itself only as "Booking." I can't tell the actual name of this thing, which only intensifies my desire to track it down and kill it.

I've searched and searched, but I can't find anything on my Mac called "Booking," "Booked," "Book," or "Book.app"

I ran Malwarebytes, and they found one suspicious thing, but not whatever controls this Booking thing. I'm totally out of ideas. Again.

Is this ringing any bells with anyone?

Booking.png

2. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Booking.com?

Did you book a hotel or other accommodation?

3. Laisha thread starter macrumors regular

Laisha

Not online. I did check a few places out online as I embarked on a car trip across four states.

4. flowrider macrumors 603

flowrider

That does look like the Booking.com logo:

TinyGrab Screen Shot 3-3-18, 12.28.07 PM.png
    The "?" located on the logo means the alias doesn't know where the app is. Is there such an app in you Applications Folder?

Lou

5. Laisha thread starter macrumors regular

Laisha

No, there's not. So, I got rid of it while I was trying to find it! Must've been MalwareBytes that killed it.

So, I just have to delete the unwanted icon from my dock.

Thanks all!