Booking System

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by tinvisiblegirl, Nov 9, 2010.

1. tinvisiblegirl macrumors newbie

I have developed a website for my friend and their guesthouse, however he now wants the facility to have a booking calendar with dates available and prices that a customer can book. I have had a look round but cant see anything specific for iweb, can any of you help at all? Im close to paying for a hosted solution just to be done with it.:confused:

2. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

you are going to need a server side language, like php, or jsp to handle that

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

There are third party websites that can handle that sort of thing. For example:

http://www.webreserv.com/online-booking-system.do

I was considering adding similar functionality to a website I created in WordPress. WordPress offers a plugin architecture where anyone can write plugins that do virtually anything, and there are a number of event booking plugins that interface with third party sites, such as WebReserv above. They offer different account levels including a free account that may meet your needs (and mine).

If all you need is something simple, you might also consider interfacing with Google Calendar. It wouldn't be totally automatic, but maybe that's OK because you may want to have a human go through all of the booking requests to weed out any spam, fake bookings, etc.