Booklets in Word?

VintageMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2007
Is there a simple way to print a booklet in Word? By "booklet" I mean a document that will print 4 pages on one sheet of paper, two on each side with the pages being in the proper locations. my current booklet I would like to print would be about 12 pages on 3 sheets. Or is there another program in Office or Works that would do this?

Vintage Mac

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Generally when you go to print there's options for how many pages to print per sheet, though partly depends on the printer.

VintageMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2007
I'm not just looking to fit a certain number of pages on a sheet, but to have the pages at the proper place so that it works when I staple it together, eg. an 8 page booklet would look something like this--

1 and 8
2 and 7

3 and 6
4 and 5

I know I used to do this in WordPerfect ten years ago, just by checking "booklet".

Vintage Mac

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I'm not just looking to fit a certain number of pages on a sheet, but to have the pages at the proper place so that it works when I staple it together, eg. an 8 page booklet would look something like this--

1 and 8
2 and 7

3 and 6
4 and 5

I know I used to do this in WordPerfect ten years ago, just by checking "booklet".

Vintage Mac
Well I'd recommend rearranging your page order and do it like,

1 and 3
2 and 4

5 and 7
6 and 8

That would be the easiest route. PowerPoint lets you rearrange pages pretty well to if that works with what you're doing.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I've done this with 3rd party software. There's booklet creator software you can download that will turn your Word docs into the format you're looking for. Do a Google search and see if you find something to fit your needs.

[honesty]I'm too lazy to search for you.[/honesty]

:D

VintageMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2007
"Google search," why didn't I think of that.... I found and downloaded the freeware "Create Booklet" from--

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/automator createbookletpdfservice.html

I'm sure Cocoa Booklet is fine too, but since this one was from the Apple site it seemed a bit safer.

Thanks all!

Vintage Mac