Booklets in Word?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VintageMac, Aug 29, 2007.

1. VintageMac macrumors member

Is there a simple way to print a booklet in Word? By "booklet" I mean a document that will print 4 pages on one sheet of paper, two on each side with the pages being in the proper locations. my current booklet I would like to print would be about 12 pages on 3 sheets. Or is there another program in Office or Works that would do this?

Vintage Mac

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Generally when you go to print there's options for how many pages to print per sheet, though partly depends on the printer.

3. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

I'm not just looking to fit a certain number of pages on a sheet, but to have the pages at the proper place so that it works when I staple it together, eg. an 8 page booklet would look something like this--

1 and 8
    2 and 7

3 and 6
    4 and 5

I know I used to do this in WordPerfect ten years ago, just by checking "booklet".

Vintage Mac

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well I'd recommend rearranging your page order and do it like,

1 and 3
    2 and 4

5 and 7
    6 and 8

That would be the easiest route. PowerPoint lets you rearrange pages pretty well to if that works with what you're doing.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I've done this with 3rd party software. There's booklet creator software you can download that will turn your Word docs into the format you're looking for. Do a Google search and see if you find something to fit your needs.

[honesty]I'm too lazy to search for you.[/honesty]

:D

6. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

"Google search," why didn't I think of that.... I found and downloaded the freeware "Create Booklet" from--

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/automator createbookletpdfservice.html

I'm sure Cocoa Booklet is fine too, but since this one was from the Apple site it seemed a bit safer.

Thanks all!

Vintage Mac

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I think that's the one I used last. Worked fine!