Bookmark folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikedatyke, Oct 7, 2009.

1. mikedatyke macrumors newbie

i have a **** load of bookmarks and I was trying to organize them into folders. the fist folder I made I named "S" because it was the closet letter to my finger at the time.

Then the problems started. i am using firefox btw

I was in the organize bookmark place when i made the folder and i started dragging some bookmarks into the S folder, one at a time since it would not let me do more. Then, just as things were going according to plan, i had some bookmarks I could not drag into the folder no matter how many different ways i tried. and then to my surprise, this folder named "S" was not on the bookmark menu, even though that's where i created it to be. the folder still shows up when i go to organize but I want it to show up where all my other bookmarks are. I also want to be able to put those other links in the folder.

so how do i accomplish this??

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

What you describe is the correct way to go about it. Given that, I can't say what went wrong. There are only two possibilities: a software problem, or you're doing something else that you're not describing.

Can you put the bookmarks back where they were and delete the S folder so you can make a fresh start? I'd be afraid of trying a fix first. Not sure why, just a bad feeling.

You could try...
    1)Get new Firefox plist file: org.mozilla.firefox.plist
    You'll find it in the Library folder that is in your Home folder, under Preferences (another folder)
    Drag the file to your Desktop, then go into Safari
    Safari will create a fresh plist file
    No joy? No harm done.
    More headaches? Put that file back, overwriting the new one.

2) Log in under a different User Account
    If that solves it, Trash your other Account