Bookmarks Bar - Any way to sync with Bookmarks Menu??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BadboyHouse, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BadboyHouse macrumors 6502

I've just discovered the bookmarks bar in Safari. Not sure how I missed it until now.

Anyway, I've got four bookmark folders within my bookmarks and each contains a handful of sites.

I've manually added the folders to the bookmarks bar and this works really well.

What I'd like to know how to do is say for instance I add a new site to one of the folders in my Bookmarks, is there a way to get Safari to automatically add the site to the corresponding bookmarks bar folder also?

For example, I've got a Bookmarks folder called Apple Tech, and I've got a copy of the folder on the Bookmarks bar.

If I add a bookmark to the Apple Tech bookmarks folder, is there a way of automatically adding the same bookmark to the Apple Tech bookmarks bar folder?

Hope this makes sense!

2. simsaladimbamba

You could also just add the bookmark to the folder in the Bookmarks Bar.

[​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's already happening, but in reverse. When you add a bookmark to the bar, it's automatically in the menu, because the Bookmarks bar is a subfolder of the Boomarks menu. Just add the sites directly to the Bookmarks Bar folder that you want. You can do this by simply dragging the favicon to that folder.

4. BadboyHouse thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't quite follow.

I have my bookmarks sync'd across all my iDevices.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're unnecessarily duplicating your bookmarks. The Bookmarks bar is within the Bookmarks menu. Anything added to the bar is already added to the menu:
    ScreenCap 14.PNG

6. BadboyHouse thread starter macrumors 6502

Isn't this likely to introduce an extra step when accessing the bookmarks on the iPhone?