Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Dear members today I went into my bookmarks page and decided to see if anything was in RSS, The only thing was google news. So I double clicked on that, it took several long seconds to pull up google news. When I back out to my bookmarks page I noticed that the number of bookmarks next to bookmarks bar said zero or nothing! It should have said 6101! Does anyone know why this would happen?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Are you using Safari? Got the "remove unread articles after" preference set to the default of 2 weeks? Not checked RSS feeds in 2 weeks or more? That's why.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Safari, by default, forgets anything that was unread 2 weeks ago if you haven't checked RSS feeds in that long. It will also forget anything no longer in the RSS feed, but that's to be expected. As for why it's recounting - that's most likely because you just checked now, and Safari's gathering the latest info for all subscribed RSS feeds in the background.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.