Bookmarks: IE -> Safari

nichos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Jacksonville, Fl
I'm sure this has been answered, but I haven't been able to find it - alot of Firefox and safari bookmark threads.
What I'm looking for is a way to get that window in safari that comes up the first time you run it - it asks if you'd like to import IE bookmarks. Or, is there a better way?
Trying to get our users to ditch IE:)
Thanks!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
nichos said:
I'm sure this has been answered, but I haven't been able to find it - alot of Firefox and safari bookmark threads.
What I'm looking for is a way to get that window in safari that comes up the first time you run it - it asks if you'd like to import IE bookmarks. Or, is there a better way?
Trying to get our users to ditch IE:)
Thanks!
Safari Enhancer

Comment

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
I got this from Safari's help section:

At this time, you cannot import bookmarks from other web browsers into Safari. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your Bookmarks Library.

Not so convenient, but....

Comment

nichos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Jacksonville, Fl
floatingspirit said:
I got this from Safari's help section:

At this time, you cannot import bookmarks from other web browsers into Safari. You might be able to move your bookmarks to Safari by exporting them from your web browser as an HTML document. Then open the document in Safari and open your Bookmarks Library in a separate window. Drag the links from the first window to a collection in your Bookmarks Library.

Not so convenient, but....
Yeah, that's what I had been doing, and for some reason, if i have the favorites window open, and try to drag, it takes the ending url as the title, for example:
http://www.macrumors.com/index.html
will print "index.html" as the title, and not Mac rumors. I'll have to check out that software for enhancer. thanks for the responses. :D

Comment

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
delete safari, and reinstall it and it will be in the favorites. then drag them to the appropriate spot. thats the easiest way i found.

Comment