Bookmarks In iBook - awesome!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Simgar988, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Has anyone else used the bookmark feature on iBooks? It's more like a highlighter that gives yo u the ability to change colors and even view what you've "bookmarked" under the bookmarks tab. Awesome!!

2. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

It's a cool feature but you can only highlight individual words, right? I'd like to highlight sentences or even perhaps paragraphs. Still, it's nice to have multicolored bookmarks nonetheless.

3. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hate to sound stupid, but what is it used for? To quickly get to a specific page of a book? To remember where you left off? To quote a specific part of a book to yourself to look at later? I'm in the UK so unfortunately can't find these things out for myself for ages yet.

4. philipk macrumors 6502

You can highlight whole paragraphs if you like. Just select a word and use the corners to expand the selected area. Then press "bookmark".

I am on page 533 of Edward Kennedy's "True Compass" and have bookmarked about ten to fifteen selections.