Bookmarks in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by johnwhite19, Mar 28, 2010.

1. johnwhite19 macrumors newbie

I am having trouble with Bookmarks. In the Folders I have numerous bookmarks under each Folder. I want to be able to display these bookmarks as a drop down menu under the Folder name. That would allow me to quickly access the bookmark I want. But when I click on the Folder name I do not get a drop down menu. Instead, the bookmarks are displayed as pages on the right hand side of the screen, and I have to scroll through all of them to get to the one I want. I am sure there is a simple way to correct this but I have not ben able to find it. Anyone have ideas?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

What?

On the left side of the Bookmarks Bar, there is an "open book" icon. Click that to see all Bookmarks. The left side of the window will show Collections and Bookmarks (folders). If most of your bookmarks are in the Bookmarks Menu, as the programmers intended, highlight that. Now you'll see them on the right. You can now click the "disclosure triangles" to show what is inside of each folder.

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Are you talking about when you click on a folder in the Bookmarks Bar? If so, make sure you don't have Auto-Click checked on the Bookmarks page. This will allow you to see a list of your bookmarks when you click on the folder instead of open all of the bookmarks in tabs.

4. johnwhite19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I am talking about when I click on the Bookmark folder. Instead of getting a drop down menu with all the bookmarks within that folder, nothing happens (other than the pages appear on the right side of the screen and I have to go through each one to get to the one I want).

How can I check about the Auto click feature? I do not see that anywhere. Thank you.