Bookmarks issues-help

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by poe diddley, Jul 26, 2013.

1. poe diddley macrumors regular

So I did search but couldn't find an answer for my specific issue.
    I have iPhone 5 and ipad mini. Both are synced to iCloud. I only use safari.
    Bookmarks have always worked beautifully up until a few days ago.
    I have a set of 5 or 6 bookmarked pages that I keep at the top of my list, for quick access. Then several folders below that. The other day I tried to move a those into the bookmarks bar folder, just to see how I liked having them there instead. Then I moved them out because I didn't like how it worked. The bookmarks moved to the bottom of the list, below the folders, and above the preprogrammed bookmarks at the bottom. Moving them to the top resulted in them moving back to their original position two seconds later.
    I then tried turning off one device, and moving them in the other. I turned off syncing on the phone but kept the iCloud data in the device. Turned syncing back on, and they moved back to the bottom again.
    How can I fix this? I don't want to lose the data because there are over 100 work related bookmarks so I don't want to risk it much. Before I end up losing the data, what is the correct procedure so I don't lose my bookmarks but can have the crucial 5 at the top like I need with correct iCloud syncing?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Bookmarks issues-help

Tap edit and drag them up.
    [​IMG]

3. poe diddley thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for not actually reading my request for help. I am very aware of how to move the bookmarks. If you would have actually read my original post, due to iCloud syncing, they keep moving themselves back.
    Please don't comment if you can't offer a solution. :mad:

4. poe diddley thread starter macrumors regular

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Sorry, just trying for a quick solution.

You are in quite a pickle.
    Try turning off iCloud in safari on your iPhone.
    Keep the bookmarks on one of the devices with safari off in iCloud.
    Then go on your iPad and delete all the bookmarks with safari in iCloud on.
    Then go back on your iPhone and move the book marks back in where you want them to be Then turn on safari for iCloud syncing. I hope they syncing correctly now.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Perhaps your rude response to the person who tried to help you influenced any other potential helpers.

7. poe diddley thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks ill give that a shot.

Maybe you are right but come on, it was clear i knew how to move bookmarks. Just had trouble keeping em where I wanted. :D