Bookmarks just won't add in Safari?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by getyup, Jul 18, 2011.

1. getyup macrumors 6502

So I upgraded to 10.7, and now whenever I go to add a bookmark in Safari and i click the + then select the location to add it, it just doesn't add. No error, no nothing, it just plain doesn't add. Silly... anyone else having similar issue?

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Works for me. Sorry my friend. Hope you get it sorted out.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Nope. I just tried it and it works as it should. I get the Add this page to, and the option to pick a location. Bookmark saved as it should.

4. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

So I've narrowed down the issue a bit more. It's only affecting the Bookmarks BAR, not the Bookmarks Menu. And what's weird is when I click Add, it shows directories in the bookmark drop downs that I deleted ages ago. What controls what displays in the bar vs the menu?

EDIT - Okay figured it out. Each menu is listed twice.... if I add to the first pull down, it works. If I add to the second it doesn't work. I'm guessing something is corrupted in the sync between my iPad and computer in the transition of going from MobileMe to now just cable sync bookmarks. Oh well, it's semi working so I'm okay.

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

It depends on where you created the bookmark as to where it appears.

6. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how to turn off the "feature" that re-opens the last page visited when a Safari is re-opened? Thanks!

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

option-command-q or system preferences -> General Restore windows when quitting

8. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

Woohoo, you ROCK! Thank you very much :)