books/advice that changed ur life

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

how to stop worrying and live your life by dale carnegie

i was a depressed lil man that used to post on these forums getting attention my parents never gave me with really bad middle child syndrome until i read this book.......... if anyones sad/nervous/anything like that read this book this guys a wise man with lots of respectable qualities ill tellya what!

love ya macrumors!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

It may or may not be what you want to hear, but The Bible. Best of luck to you regardless of which book(s) you choose. :)

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I was going to buy that book, now I'm definitely going to buy it. I worry way too much about useless stuff. :rolleyes:

4. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Hey, definitely get that book if you feel it MAY help you. Words to live by, I still reference it if I am feeling down.

Any of Dale Carnegie's books are genius.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Any of Eckhart Tolle's books are mind-opening. A New Earth was my favourite. I actually enjoyed listening to him read it out loud in the car before I read the book. Extraordinary stuff!

~~~

The best book I have ever read thus far in life would be Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil. The fact that he wrote it in the 1930's and it wasn't published until this century and the reasons why are pretty cool - the world makes more sense, and then you have a choice of where you want to play in it.

6. ejb190, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013

ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I will second The Bible.

But beyond that, how about:
    I Dare You by William Danforth (Founder of Ralston Purina)- "All the easy things have been done long ago. Now bring on the impossible!'

Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey

Anything by Robert Fulghum (All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten; Uh-Oh; It Was On Fire When I Lay Down On It; et al)

Roberts Rules of Order - Almost all organizations say they run by Robert's Rules, but very few people actually know what they are. The incredible part is, it is really about making sure everyone who wants to speak is heard and the rights of everyone are protected.

And the best advice I ever received:
    "Retire at the top of your game." - Dr. Richard Craig, Professor Emeritus of Horticultural Botany, Penn State University

"Getting two degrees from the same school is intellectual incest! - a retired plant physiologist from Clemson.