"Boom" app for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Tomb01, May 23, 2014.

1. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

I have the Boom app on my Macbook, and it makes a noticeable difference in my music, using both the internal speakers and my Beats Pill 2. Is there something similar for the iPhone? I don't see Boom for iOS yet.... Thanks in advance!

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

A non jail-broken iOS app doesn't have the ability to modify a core function like that.

Depending on what your trying to play, there may be a media-player app that has a gain-boost option in it. I don't use any third party player apps, but on Mac OS I've used VLC for a little extra boost when Boom couldn't be installed.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

4. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Boom is fine on my Macbook, just hoping to find something that provides the same sound in my bluetooth speaker from my iPhone... Sigh. Thanks.

5. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. christianboyce macrumors newbie

christianboyce

Boom for iOS is out and available on the App Store. I have it installed here and like it a lot. The app has a free trial.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I tried it out the other day when I saw it on the App Store front page. 3D Surround is pretty nice.

8. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

looks like this hasn't been updated in a while. does it still work with the latest ios? is it system-wide? like will the settings be universal for all music apps?

also, how is this compared to Boom? are either of them able to affect all music apps including streaming like Spotify, Apple Music, and Youtube Music? thanks!

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I had problems using it on iOS 9. I'd turn off the EQ and it'd sound off (like compared to how it would usually sound if it was just flat) and I'd have to restart the device. So I can't recommend it at this point.

Spotify and Apple Music aren't supported in Boom at the moment, but they're working on it apparently.

And no, neither work system-wide.

Personally, I don't really like the way Boom displays the library.

10. Deeshawn macrumors newbie

Deeshawn

I've downloaded and played with the app. I have to say that it does what it advertises pretty well. But yes, at this point, it doesn't support streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music but the devs claim they are working on it. But for local tracks that are stored on the device, Boom for iOS blows away most of the other music player apps i've used.

The Surround sound thing is seriously a step up from the usual and the presets are a good bonus. To be honest, i can't wait for the future updates that should take the app to the next level. As of now, i'm really impressed!