BOOM! Bad for my speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AmbiguousNinja, Oct 2, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Is Boom bad for my speakers? I'm using a 2011 13" Macbook Pro

2. GlobalDelight macrumors newbie

GlobalDelight

A clarification

Hello there,

Thanks for the question. We get this asked a lot, 'Would Boom cause any damage to my speakers?' Regarding your query, when we first thought of Boom, we wanted it to be as easy as moving the Volume slider to get that extra boost to your MBP speaker. Boom functions a lot similarly like your VLC player, but much simpler to use and boosts the audio of any music or video file, irrespective of the player or source.

Boom thus boosts the volume of the system audio to a suitable level to improve the audibility of music or video being played on the system. It can also help improve the audibility while you chat. We have provided users with a volume slider (in addition to the system's volume slider), so that you can set the volume to a suitable level. We recommend any user to maintain an appropriate level so that they don't harm their ears :) !

You might also want to know that we have put the application under intense testing in different scenarios and we have not been able to see any possible damage to the speakers.

3. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

4. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

itunes

itunes can enhance audio clips too
    perhaps BOOM should have a free plugin to enhance system audio like widen the stereo or even surround sound?

great tool.

thanks.