Boom Blox

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, May 13, 2008.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Did anyone else get this game? It's a really simple game, but fun. By no means is it some blockbuster (ha) like MarioKart Wii or Metroid Prime 3, but it's good for a quick play. Especially when I get frustrated by some other game, I pop in Boom Blox and blow a bunch of stuff up, and I'm happy :).

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

After a few month without a Wii I picked 1 up yesterday for Mario Kart. Boom Blox is a game I was also looking to pick up. Unfortunately it was sold out everywhere I went. I've placed an order on an online gaming retailer and should have a copy in the next few days. I can't wait to play it, this game looks like a heap of fun to play with friends.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Kind of want to, we'll see.

Looks like a decent title.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Picking it up on Friday. Will let you know what I think when I do :)

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I was at a local EB Games at lunch time yesterday. They received some copies, so I picked 1 up. The game is great, great use of the Wiimote. Multiplayer is a blast. I guess I'll give my 2nd copy when it arrives to my niece.

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i wanna play it but errr.... $50? seriously? hm... lots of other games comin in the next few weeks that demand my cash. $30 I would have been all over it.

7. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Competitive Multiplayer!

Ok, so I admit that this game got pushed back for me. Can you blame me? MarioKart, Brawl, Wii Fit, plus other games I haven't beaten yet. Anyway, a recent Penny Arcade comic and article (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/6/9/ and http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/06/09/) made me pick this back up and try out multiplayer, which I hadn't done yet. As Penny Arcade mentioned, Boom Blox has an odd way of navigating through, so it's easy to miss how much fun there is in the competitive multiplayer mode.

God. D**m. If you have this game, get a friend (or three) over and play this. It is AWESOME. I recommend skipping the hockey type games, but the first two types of it are f**king great. And Warlords is, of course, awesome.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Penny Arcade has never clicked for me. I'm not in their humor flow I guess.

I didn't know about the muti-player option. Thanks. Another reason to buy it.

<]=)

9. diddy macrumors 6502

Totally. If you like to play Wii with friends, go buy this game right now.

10. leishan macrumors 6502

Hopefully there will be a price drop for this...there's just too many other titles to buy right now!