Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
The watch will display caller ID when a call is coming in and uses icons to notify you to texts, emails or social media activity. The watch can also show you missed calls, calendar notifications and low phone battery power alerts.

That's not smart at all.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
It is a kind of smart watch, a smartphone accessory with a permanent Bluetooth connection.

Some people were saying it was not possible to have a one year charge.

Other kinds could have sensors instead of notifications/control, it might even be possible to have all of that if it recharged with light and/or movement.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
It is a kind of smart watch, a smartphone accessory with a permanent Bluetooth connection.

Other kinds could have sensors instead of notifications/control, it might even be possible to have all of that if it recharged with light and/or movement.

I'm still saying it's not possible with a actually smart watch.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Looks like some early attempt at a smart watch.
I don't see the real utility of smartwatches, let alone this badly forged relative.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
I'm still saying it's not possible with a actually smart watch.

It is not an actual watch unless the battery lasts long time.

A screen is not needed to be a smart watch.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007

I guess we disagree, a smart watch needs to be smart or it's just a watch. And as I charge my phone and tablet everyday, it would be easy for me to charge the watch at the same time. As long as it get 18 hrs heavy use I'm fine with that. Of course longer would be better as long as there is no sacrifice of the smarts.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland

I have a keyring which flashes when my phone rings or gets a text, does that make it a SMART keyring?? :D

----------

Thats not smart at all though it is a watch. A steaming turd of a watch at that price you would be better with a Pebble.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
I have a keyring which flashes when my phone rings or gets a text, does that make it a SMART keyring?? :D

It is infinitely smarter than a normal keyring.

Thats not smart at all though it is a watch. A steaming turd of a watch at that price you would be better with a Pebble.

It is a smartwatch, but whose function I don't think I would particularly care about.

If it had sensors instead, more people would think it's useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.