Booq bag for 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joshwillmarth, Aug 15, 2008.

1. joshwillmarth macrumors newbie

I am going off to university next month and I need a bag for my 15" MacBook Pro. I have been looking at bags from Booq and I would like to buy one. Before I drop several hundred dollars, I would like to know if anyone has a Booq bag and how they like it.

2. jmoh macrumors newbie

top of the line. personally though, i would go with a normal backpack, like northface for college. they don't offer quite as good protection, however they are very good backpacks for keeping "stuff'...not drugs, im talking about textbooks...i roll with a ogio backpack and my powerbook sits in a booq sleeve, and my computer is very protected, and i don't have to worry about not having enough room. my 2 cents.

3. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

I just have the booq sleeve for the MBP, and bought the incase backpack from the apple store and love it. Saved a lot more than going with the python booq backpack if that is what you are considering. However, you do have to consider what do you need it for, if it is to just hold one or two textbooks, just get the sleeve and a laptop backpack. Trust me, spending so much on just a laptop bag with only bring buyers remorse.

Good luck on your decision.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have the booq Vyper M2 sleeve. Best sleeve I've ever seen for any notebook. Very well made, rugged, good-looking. They make top-quality stuff!

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Depends on your needs, but if your are going to be using your notebook in class, I would say go for a northface and a vertical sleeve. Easy to slip in and out and thin enough to carry other things.

6. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

i agree i have a 12" powerbook i use for work (out and about travelling etc) and i have the viper sleeve - awesome - i use a jansport shoulder bag and the sleeve have enough room for everything :)

NOTE: i used to have a crumpler shoulder bag - way too much money for a lappy bag.

7. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I have the Vyper sleeve and BoaXL backpack for my 17" MBP. I have the vyper sleeve for my 3yr old iBook. Still going strong.

Very happy with their products. I commute on the train to work every day, so they get a lot of use. Boa backpack is very sturdy, and looks pretty streamlined, so not to 'campy' to be taking into the office.

You will be happy with any of their products.

8. roshambeau macrumors member

I personally didn't go with any of the bags that i could find via apple store or online at places like newegg.com...i have always been a fan of Oakley products. they have an awesome case for the iPhone(original, not 3G)that is beautiful in my eyes as well as excellent laptop bags and cases, check them out here.

I personally have the "AP Computer Bag"...

happy hunting.

9. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

i quite like the oakley bags (bit massive though!)

10. roshambeau macrumors member

yeah, they are massive. i love them though. i never find myself running out of space to pack away things. and the main reason i purchased an oakley bag was because of all the audio equipment i seem to always drag along with me for work. and like Apple, Oakley will stand by their products.

11. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

id like to actually have a look at some of thier bags i wonder where they are stocked in london

12. supersphinxman macrumors newbie

Booq's offerings are hands down the best in my opinion. I have the Booq Boa 3L, Vyper M2 and the Mamba Saddle (black). The vyper protects the MBP with its exact fit and I just slip it in either the backpack or the saddle bag. Money well spent I'd say.

13. roshambeau macrumors member

Monkey86....if you'd like to see some in London. you can....just follow this link and insert your city and country. it will show you what stores have what items on display. Enjoy!