BOOQ bags with MBP, IP4

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Allan in T.Dot, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Allan in T.Dot macrumors member

I'm in the market for a new MBP and was considering Booq bags. I have a previous 15" MBP with a Crumpler Considerable Embarrassment bag and suffice it to say, I'm not that impressed. I've placed the bag down on the floor hard a couple times and I'm not exceptionally confident it can take a larger bump. No problems as of yet mainly because I'm careful with my gear.

Regardless, here is what I'm looking at:

Vyper M3: I read in another thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=974443&highlight=booq) that the Vyper M3 was not compatible with the unibody MBP's. Anyone encounter the same problems?

--> anyone have any other recommendations for similar "hard cases". I hate Speck cases because I don't want a case on the laptop while it's working. I want the MBP to vent out heat as much as possible rather than trying to melt plastic. I'm just looking for a nice, simple, fairly lightweight "hard case" similar to this one.

Mamba Shift: The backpack doesn't look too bad. Has anyone every used the Vyper M3 AND the Mamba Shift for dual protection? FYI,youtube has a pretty good video of what goes in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwCgMhRZjU)

Venom Pulse: Does this fit the IPhone 4? There is no info on the website and it looks a bit on the small side and minimal info on the web. Also, how does this clip onto your belt? I don't see a belt clip anywhere.

Thanks all.

2. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

I have the mamba shift and its a great bag. I got the denim one, I wasn't too fond of the red interior of the online version. You can only get them at the listed apple stores. Looks like they are flagship stores.

Its a great compact laptop backpack. With the larger bags I always tended to fill it too much and carry around unnecessary pounds. Lots of pockets and places to put your apple gear. The laptop compartment is padded very well, but I don't know how much room you would have with the shell on it.

Currently I carry around my 15 inch macbook pro, and extra cord, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, iPad, iPhone, and automatic knife for safety. ;)

3. Allan in T.Dot thread starter macrumors member

Update

Okay, so after a lot of searching, I found out that the Booq Vyper M3 isn't as sturdy as I thought it would be. Someone mentioned that it was like heavy duty cardboard which really doesn't do much to protect a 5+ lb MBP. However, here are some other options that I'd like feedback on.

Axio Hardsleeve. Anyone ever have any experience with this?
    http://axioluggage.com/hardsleeve15.html

Thanks

4. imnofanboy macrumors member

I just purchased the Booq Vyper M3 yesterday for my new 15" MBP. There's many positive reviews of this case from users on here, in numerous threads. I haven't read anything negative about it.

"Vyper M3 was not compatible with the unibody MBP"
    "Someone mentioned that it was like heavy duty cardboard which really doesn't do much to protect a 5+ lb MBP."

Are you freakin serious? Does not fit? Cardboard quality?
    Owners of the Booq Vyper M3 - can we get some real impressions and feedback?