Booq Bags?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeeklancer, Jul 13, 2008.

1. zeeklancer macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I am looking at two bags, both from Booq. I was hopping that some people here who have had them can tell me what they think. I am looking at getting the Mamba Sling, or the BOA Slim Case.

Both of these bags can be found at http://www.booqbags.com

I will be using this bag for daily lug of my laptop to and from work. I don't have a need to carry much papers, but I will need to have my charger and wireless mouse with me. It would be nice to have room for a USB or Firewire drive but that is not a must. I currently think the Slim Case by Booq will be too small, but maybe I am wrong. I am not in to backpacks all that much but suggestions beyond the Booq bags are welcome.

I am currently using a Samsonigt leather bag, you can see the link below to the bag. I don't like how this bag is a horizontal bag and am looking to move away from that style to a sportier vertical bag.

http://shop.samsonite.com/storefron...er/leather-laptop-protfolio/prodSMD508XX.html

Thanks for the help!!

-Zeek

BTW, resizing input windows in Safari is totally cool!!!!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You didn't mention which Mac model you have, but booq makes excellent stuff! I like the booq Vyper M2 sleeve for my MBP, and all their products are made of the highest quality. It's more personal preference, but you can't go wrong with anything from booq!

3. zeeklancer thread starter macrumors regular

Oops sorry about that, I have a MBP about 4 months old! So far I love this thing!

-Zeek

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

15"? 17"? It makes a difference in bag recommendations, since so many are built to specific models.

5. zeeklancer thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, I seem to forget all of the important stuff.

15" MBP :)

6. shanghaied macrumors newbie

DO NOT get the Boa Slimcase M for the 15"MBP. If you do go for the Boa Slimcase, get the XL for 17". The Slimcase M is super tight for the 15" and you won't be able to carry more then a charger and mighty mouse. It's more suited for the 13" MB, size wise. The little bit more space in the XL size makes a lot of difference - but don't expect to be carrying much accessories. Best if you could see one up close in a shop - you'll be surprised by how slim and petite the bags are. Build quality is superb.

The Mamba Sling is actually prettier in person then it is in the pictures. I was surprised when I saw it first hand in the shop - it's not as bloated as the pictures online and is certainly roomier then the Boa slimcase. Build quality is also superb.

7. zeeklancer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks shanghaied!!!!

This is what I wanted to know. Off to the order page I go :)

-Zeek

8. stefanhanotin macrumors newbie

I recently got the Boa M for my 15" Pro. Wow! What a Bag. I also got the Vyper M2 to ensure that my prized posession remains as safe as possible during transportation. There is loads of room for other accessories (charger, mighty mouse etc.) in the bag too. And its water rpellant. Useful for that good old Irish rain!!!