Booq Boa Slimcase M for AlumMacbook 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FlyingScot, Oct 27, 2008.

1. FlyingScot macrumors member

FlyingScot

I have been researching trying to find a small and slim messenger bag style for my new Alum Macbook. Lots of choices and got it down to my top 3:
    • Booq Boa SlimCase M
    • Tom Binh Ristretto Messenger bag
    • Be-Ez LEVertigo

Strongly prefer the slimcase for a number of reasons, but looking for real-world experience from anyone else that has used this with their MacBook. Is there much difference in fit between this and the Slimcase S90? Is the strap comfortable or need to be replaced (seatbelt material - no pad?).

My objectives were:
    • Vertical orientation
    • Good laptop protection
    • Slim size - 3" or less depth
    • Good organization of pockets / focused on Mac (i.e. pocket for power brick)
    • Good quality
    • Good protection if dashing between buildings in the rain
    • Not leather (weight)
    • Not backpack

I've been through all the threads here, and suprisingly very few (or none) were from MBA or MB alum owners. In fact, of the 3 I listed, very little detail or even opinion. Thanks in advance!

2. jdwingnut macrumors regular

I can't speak in reference to your choices, but can speak for the quality and construction the Booq products.

I presently own one of their backpacks, a messenger bag and have owned several of their Viper sleeves. I find them all to be of excellent in construction, functionality and materials used. The straps on mine are made well and I would not need to replace them. Padded and functional.

I will buy their products again. The only downsides I have encountered are, their products are pricey and one must usually order direct from Booq in most cases.

I have no reservations in recommending their products to others and I am in no way affiliated with their company.

3. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Booq's great. You can't go wrong with anything they make. My only suggestion would be to be sure you like the vertically-oriented bags. I had one a few years ago, and wasn't a huge fan. Other than that, you won't be disappointed with the quality of Booq products.

4. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

I agree with the 2 posters above me. I have a Booq Mamba Sling and it is great. The vertical orientation does take some getting used to but I do like it.

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

With that said if I may ask, my girlfriend would really like the one you have or I should say not yours but her own Mamba ;) How is it suited for someone about five and a half feet tall assuming you're around that ballpark height? I did see on their site a model with one and while it looks somewhat large the model looks very small and the Apple Store where I live does not carry any.
    Any input would be great before making a purchase of this dollar amount :D

6. NewGuyToMac macrumors newbie

I just ordered the newly designed sleeve for my Alu. MacBook and there was a code for 10% off located in MacLife Magazine. The code was MLife8, not sure if I can share it, but if I cant, the Mods will take it off.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Booq is by far the best bag that I have ever owned. My only complaint is the price, which is quite hefty, however some of the benefits like the tracking coupled with the overall construction of the bag makes it the only recommendation in my mind.