Booq Viper owners...help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Openbook, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Openbook macrumors newbie

okay so I got a Booq Viper case for Christmas for when I travel. I am leaving in a couple of days...and...umm how does this thing fit into the case? That is to say which sleeve does it go into and does it back end in first or opening (thin) part first.

Does that make any sense. I mean it seems very tight/snug either way, just wondering if there is a 'recommended'/proper way for the computer to be placed in the case. It certainly doesn't seem like you can put much besides the laptop into the case itself, which is fine as long my computer is protected thats all I care about.

thanks!

2. anirudh macrumors 6502

even though i dont own one, its my fav and i've read so much about it, i think i can help you out :D on one side there are 3 pockets and on the other just a single large one. the air goes into the latter, the thin side going in first. however, a member on this forum has commented that it fits slightly better if the hinge side goes in first. either way it seems to be a very snug fit, which hopefully gets a little loose over time.

yes, you might not be able to fit other things into the case, which i wouldnt recommend anyways. might result in a concentrated force being applied on the Air. people have used the other pockets to put in external hdds, ipads, paper etc.

you might also want to put a piece of microfibre cloth right on top of the area between the spacebar and the trackpad as many people hace reported having permanent pressure marks on the screen due to it. Why take a chance!

3. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I have this case. I slide the MBA in thin-edge first, because you need the fat end to get a good grip when you pull it out. Yes, it is tight, which is good.

It goes into the sleeve without the two pockets.

There isn't much room in the case for anything else, although I often stow my iPad in the sleeve on the other side when travelling. However it isn't a tight fit and it can slip out when opening the case.