Booq Vyper M2 Sleeve Review

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blairh, Feb 4, 2009.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Had some serious issues with my Incase nylon sleeve last week. I posted about it on here but the quick story is that using it for two days created some ugly scratch marks on the lid of my Macbook Pro.

I elected to go for the Booq Vyper M2 sleeve after doing some research online. I wanted a sleeve that zippered entirely around the laptop and was of solid build. I could not be happier with my purchase. The build of the sleeve is amazing. It produces a loud sound when I knock my knuckles on it and feels extremely sturdy. The sleeve also has a padded interior and the Macbook Pro fits snugly when zipped inside. The zippers have the Booq symbol on them and feel very sturdy.

If you have a Penryn Macbook Pro it's a steal at $29.99. The M3 sleeve which is made for the current unibody model is $49.99. That might seem like a lot but it's really worth it.

You can read my full review here at my blog.

2. Oversoul macrumors member

I'm a big fan of the Booq Vyper sleeves!

The Vyper's ballistic nylon material gives this sleeve a more rigid feel than many other sleeves made from neoprene "wetsuit" material. The inside of the sleeve is a soft cotton material. And I've never had any problems with the zippers scratching or scuffing up my notebooks. Overall, I think the rigidity will give you peace of mind about pens or other semi-sharp objects pressing against your notebook/sleeve while your computer is in a bag. And the sleeve, once on, is still thin enough as to not add too much bulk. All my prior Vypers had a very snug fit.

My one complaint about the Booq Vyper M3 (for the 15" unibody) is that it was supposed to ship way back in "November 2008," and then "late January 2009," and then finally "early February 2009." It's early February, and I just got my shipping confirmation two days ago after being on "pre-order" for 2 months. In the meantime, I bought an Incase bag to use temporarily. I'll try to update with any additional impressions when I get it.

3. chungky macrumors newbie

4. CrownSeven macrumors member

Odd, I received mine back in early January. I guess they we're just on back order.