Booq VYPER M3 hard sleeve.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pullfocus, Nov 19, 2009.

1. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Hey, all.

I just got a new 15" Unibody, and I was looking for a good hard sleeve.
    I had the Vyper M2 for my old MBP, but I hear the new Vyper M3 for the Unibody is not a formfitting as that one.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has it, and if they can tell me if that's true, or is it just as secure (not too much, if any, give) as the Vyper M2.

Thanks in advance.

2. ethandt macrumors member

I have it. I had seen some comments to that effect but the one I have fits mine perfectly. Love it.

3. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I've got an m3 from the very first batch shipped. Don't know if they jipped me, but there is certainly extra space between the top lit and the m3 panel. The edges are snug, so it still seems secure, but I was disappointed in how thick the case was, considering the gap between computer and case.

I had to wait over a month as the product was delayed, as they were making them formfitting to the new unibody deminsions, so when it was so much thicker than the slim body of the actual computer I wasn't satisfied.

Unfortunately I didn't have any other cases to protect it while waiting for a replacement so I just kept the m3. Don't get me wrong, I love the protection it offers, the durability, the finish, etc... Overall I'm happy with it and still recommend it.

4. Forgeron macrumors member

I wonder if it protects better than for instance the LaRobe memory foam sleeves. ( http://www.amazon.com/100572-LArobe-Sleeve-13-3-Inch-Macbooks/dp/B0015R819O )

A hard case can take a lot of beating, but it also transfers all that energy directly to the macbook. Were memory foam (or even crappy neopreen) absorbs some of that energy.

A combination of the two would be perfect. Memory foam with a hard cover around it.

5. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

THe m3 has a foam lining. Its not like your mbp is sitting flush against a rigid surface that resonates all impacts into the laptop.