Booq Vyper M3 - UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allanibanez, Jan 24, 2009.

1. allanibanez macrumors regular

So i've been trawling the internet trying to find one of these cases but I can't find a UK based company that sells them and the retailers selling them from outside the UK are charging a fortune for shipping.

Does anyone know where i can pick up one of these in the UK, on the high street or the internet?

2. nakedicame macrumors newbie

The booq website lists four retailers in the UK that carry their products, and I've only found one of them listing the Vyper M3.

equip-u.com has it for £30.87 (http://www.equip-u.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5010)

I placed an order with them in mid-January for this product, as it said they had it in stock (since booq themselves said they weren't shipping until late January, I figured it would be a pre-order). I still don't have it - which isn't terribly surprising. However, I was contacted by equip-u.com this morning saying the supplier had accidentally shipped to the wrong country and wouldn't send another shipment until March. Then I got another call saying that was wrong and that it's now in stock.

We'll see...

allmacshop.co.uk lists the Vyper M3 also, but says it's not in stock.

3. Chic0 macrumors 6502

Been looking for some UK stockists too, so thanks for the linkage.

Just ordered mine from Equip. Hopefully it wont take too long to arrive.:)

4. allanibanez thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reponse guys. Let us all know if/when you finally get them!

5. nakedicame macrumors newbie

Got it this past Saturday from equip-u.com.

And it's nice. Very nice.

6. Chic0 macrumors 6502

Received mine yesterday. 'Ave it!:D

7. UVa.Jester macrumors member

Mine shipped yesterday and should be here by Friday... can't wait..!!!

8. UVa.Jester macrumors member

I got mine in the mail yesterday and its really nice... I have a question for everyone though...!!! Mine fits great side to side and front to back, but it feels like it could have been a little tighter top to bottom.... or they could have added another layer of foam on the inside to make it a tighter fit... Anyone else notice this..??

9. nakedicame macrumors newbie

Yes, I think I would say the same about the fit; could be even tighter, and I was hoping it would be even slimmer... It's not substantial though, and the fit seems fine overall.

I do a fair bit of traveling, and I've been impressed by booq sleeves in the past. Good stuff.

10. Hates macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting this case. So you guys recommend it?

11. MedinaJ78 macrumors newbie

Yes I'm thinking of getting this case too.....
    I keep digging into it, but would like to confirm....
    Is the 'Ballistic nylon' firm like those firm Nylon Oakley cases you can buy @ Sunglass hut.:confused:
    Also does the Notebook slide around the inside any when you say spin it around, or is it just the snugness you mention above?

You know, if you new any american around there who had a US APO address he can probably get your case from Ebay USA, like I plan to here in Japan.:D;)
    Thanks

12. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

i have the booq m2. i love it and it is prolly the most rigid case i've found that offers good top/ bottom protection without the added bulk.

13. allanibanez thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers for the reponse guys. So its a snug fit from side to side and front to back, but the top to bottom has a bit of a gap? Does this cause the mbp to move around a lot inside?

If anyone could post any pics of their new purchases, that would be great!

14. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Thanks for the thread. just brought one of these. I was thinking and searching for ages, the Booq is one of the very few specifically designed for the Unibody MB Pro. Also it looks nice and is hard. Don't know when I'll get it, got it from the link above.

15. PDE macrumors 68020

I just got one of these for my girlfriend's new MBP and it's not at all as snug-fitting as my old one for the old MBP. Quite a disappointment I think. the beauty of this sleeve has always been that it is form fitting without any play. This one feels oversized for the new MBP - like others have said, it fits well around the edges of the mBP but there is significant play on top/bottom.

16. PDE macrumors 68020

I just measured the thickness and it's 1 3/4 inch. If you push it together you may get what booq specifies, but the natural thickness is much
    More than what the company says....

17. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I was one of the first pre-orders to get the M3, and I was very disappointed by its thickness. Booq kept pushing back shipments, so it was obvious they were having to design a new sleeve specifically for the unibodies, but it is so thick. I was already so fed-up by waiting 3 months for it, and sick of leaving it unprotected in a pillow-case, I didn't return the m3. I might put some more foam in between the notebook and the case to make it more snug.

To the poster above asking about feeling it slip if you spin it - it doesn't slip. It is snug enough around the edges that the notebook is still pretty secure.