Booq Vyper M3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ARK, Jan 20, 2009.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

Has anybody gotten the Vyper M3 sleeve yet for the 15" Unibody MBP? If so how is it? I worry that the zipper teeth or the zippers itself would scratch the MBP when placing it in and taking out of the sleeve.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I don't know if you're set on that but my Incase neoprene sleev is great and I don't worry about the zipper.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The zipper teeth are platic coated and dont scratch the aluminium laptop.

4. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I haven't seem the m3, but the m2 (sized for the last-gen MBP) has a kind of rolled edge around the lip that prevents the zipper from contacting the surface of the computer.

5. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

i have the M2 for an early 08 mbp and i like it. the build ought to be similar for the M3. i am not fickle about the scratches on the case (it is a laptop...you use it, not baby it) but i am careful about it getting bumped around too much since my messenger bag, a chrome metropolis and timbuk2 deedog, both do not have any padding for laptops. the last thing i need is for the HD to get screwed up from unintentional bumps. having said that, for those that ARE fickle about scratches, i haven't gotten any outside what you would get from regular use since the case is well designed to keep the zipper from marring the finish. the case provides good protection but i wouldn't go as far to say that it would sufficiently protect the case against drops. i've owned tons of laptops and i ain't about to start dropping them to find out what might happen to my data.

i don't know if you can use a hardshell and protector on the mbp and still use the m2 though..it is a pretty snug fit in there and i don't know how much bulk a snap on protective case would add to the existing dimensions.