Booq Vyper vs Incase Sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demthios, Aug 4, 2009.

?

Which Sleeve??

Poll closed Aug 9, 2009.
  1. Incase Neoprene Sleeve

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Booq Vyper M3

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Other (Please list)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Demthios macrumors member

Hey, I'm gonna be picking up my new macbook from school next week and I'm looking at pick up a case. This will be my first mac and would like to protect it from all the randomness that will be placed in a backpack this school year. I've seen the Incase sleeves at bestbuy looks nice but today I ran across the Vyper by Booq. What is your guy's vote for??

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

My thoughts on Booq as a company can be found further down here. I had no problems with my Incase sleeve, but, I had no expectations other then to protect it from scratches. I'd also recommend looking into the AppleSac.

3. sputniq macrumors newbie

I just bought vyper m3 for my new MBP and it's great. If you want a backpack to carry your MBP, i'd go with crumpler. I'm using vyper inside my crumpler backpack now..

4. Panzo macrumors 6502

brenthaven pro 15/17 ids the way to go, the vyper m3 will fit snug in it and that bag has its own protection to begin with, and lots fo space!

5. reubs macrumors 68000

I've got a 15" MBP on the way here, and if it slides around too much in the Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 (large) I have coming in, I'm going with the Booq sleeve b/c of what I've read about them. My 2 cents.

6. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

why does crumpler never have their own bags in stock?!? /rant

7. Astrophys macrumors newbie

I have a Booq backpack and it's amazing. The thing is extremely well made and it great for caring my macbook pro. They really pay attention to detail, which is reflected in its price. The inside has flaps the close magnetically and plenty of useful pockets. The lid the you un-zip to open the backpack has a zip pocket that is the perfect size to put your power adapters and mouse in.

It also comes with a special camera case. You can buy them on ebags.com and get a nice amount off with bing cashback.

8. commanderkeen macrumors newbie

You can't go wrong with either. Just don't get some nonsense, hippie, burlap/hemp ********.

9. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

Go with the Vyper if you want the best protection. It's far sturdier. What I like best, though, is it's easy to grip. I can carry my 17" in one hand. I tried an incase sleeve and the thing was like trying to grab hold of a sponge. The 17" was waaay to heavy for neoprene and it felt like the material was going to rip. Worst thing, though, it just wasn't easy to grab.

I put the Vyper in an incase sling. Had a Booq messenger and learned to hate it quickly. Badly designed. Also couldn't stand the huge weight bouncing off my side all the time. The sling stays snug and is so comfortable.

10. shivermetimbers macrumors 6502

I am a fan of Booq! I have there backpack and vyper combo. Great quality! The vyper is well padded and the zipper will not drag up against your MBP. I have mine with me here in Kuwait. It made the trek from Seattle..through all the airports to 3.5 month in Kuwait...not a problem. My MBP still looks brand new...not a single scratch or blemish.