Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzual

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was any way to boost performance on the iPhone 4 on 7.0.4 jailbroken. I have noticed it has started to run pretty slow despite turning off a lot of options in settings along with having NoSlowAnimations. I am not looking to increase the animation speeds as many of you have been doing on this forum but a way to maybe have the device run a lighter, more optimized version of this software through a couple of tweaks. I have iCleaner and that has helped a bit with clearing all the excess junk on my device but I am just looking forward to freeing up more RAM to boost performance and hopefully make the iPhone 4 iOS 7 experience more enjoyable!

Also, please note that I am unable to downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 due to my lock button not working. I have the SHSH Blobs saved but cannot get the device in DFU mode. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

- Tzual

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 and it runs insane fast I don't believe all these posts about the 4 being so slow do a fresh restore

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was any way to boost performance on the iPhone 4 on 7.0.4 jailbroken. I have noticed it has started to run pretty slow despite turning off a lot of options in settings along with having NoSlowAnimations. I am not looking to increase the animation speeds as many of you have been doing on this forum but a way to maybe have the device run a lighter, more optimized version of this software through a couple of tweaks. I have iCleaner and that has helped a bit with clearing all the excess junk on my device but I am just looking forward to freeing up more RAM to boost performance and hopefully make the iPhone 4 iOS 7 experience more enjoyable!

Also, please note that I am unable to downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 due to my lock button not working. I have the SHSH Blobs saved but cannot get the device in DFU mode. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

- Tzual

You can use iCleaner Pro to turn off some launch daemons, that somewhat helps.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Get rid of languages you don't use too.
(If you do check all, uncheck Japanese.)

Can you do that on iOS ? Please explain how.

I recall doing this about a year ago on my Mac because I have a pretty small SSD (128GB) and I needed some extra space. After getting rid of all the languages except Romanian and U.S English I gain a couple of GB if I remember correctly.

Anotone

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 and it runs insane fast I don't believe all these posts about the 4 being so slow do a fresh restore

iPhone 4 is like a snail on iOS 7. You don't seriously believe it's as fast as iOS 4 for example... Performance has been degrading with each iOS version and in ios7, it's simply terrible. I have friends calling me whether it's possible to downgrade. It's that bad...

eastamherstbias

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
If you have a four you can upgrade to a 5s or hold until the fall and go 6. You have obsolete tech, it is time for an upgrade.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Can you do that on iOS ? Please explain how.

I recall doing this about a year ago on my Mac because I have a pretty small SSD (128GB) and I needed some extra space. After getting rid of all the languages except Romanian and U.S English I gain a couple of GB if I remember correctly.

Through iCleaner Pro.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
My 4 runs pretty great.

CCToggles
NoSlowAnimations
f.lux
Flat7 Theme
TransparentDock

Also, reduce motion and increase contrast both turned on.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Where in iCleaner Pro is the switch to dump unused languages?

Tap on the + tab on the bottom left, tap on languages to remove, select all the languages you want to remove (if you use emoji don't delete Japanese), then go back and tap on Languages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.