Boost Volume from Soft Audio Recording

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JOD8FY, Mar 20, 2008.

1. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Hi all,

I just recorded an event where I had video and audio being recorded by two different sources. I plan to link these in FCP. The problem is, the audio recording came out really soft. Is there any way I can boost the volume level without causing distortion? I tried raising the decibel level in FCP, but it's still far too soft. Is there anything I can try with Soundtrack Pro? If so, how do I link the Soundtrack project and the FCP project? Or perhaps is there an audio filter in FCP that can help me out? I don't know a lot about audio editing, so any hints would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm using FCS 1.

Thanks!
    JOD8FY

2. -DH macrumors 65816

You can do it right in FCP. Just duplicate the audio clip onto another track (Option Shift drag). It provides the same result as assigning an input channel on a mixer to an additional bus in the analog world. You can duplicate the clip as many times as needed. You might also want to try the Dynamic Processor filter in FCP.

-DH

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'd say use the Dynamic Processor filter first because that's a much more efficient solution that having stacks of double/tripled/quadrupled audio cluttering up your timeline.

Lethal