Boot beach ball craziness!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleTree, Jul 17, 2012.

1. AppleTree macrumors member

So, just got my new rmbp today and decided to run some tests on it, thats what i like to do considering how much was spent on this thing. Anyway, one of the first tests i ran was to completley restore the system via the recovery HD and using internet recovery.

Well, the recovery and installation was successful over the internet, however when the system reboots into OS X and reaches the setup screen, i get an endless spinning beach ball when i press continue on the keyboard selection screen! The keyboard selection screen is the second step just after the region selection.

Im completely floored. im sitting here with a paperweight that will now probably have to be replaced. Means i would have to wait who knows how many weeks before getting a new one after ive already waited 4 weeks for this one.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so how did you get by it?

Just to mention, it booted fine out of the box.

2. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

So what was the point in restoring a system back with a lengthy process to a point it was already at ?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. AppleTree thread starter macrumors member

Just for testing purposes. Good thing i tested it i guess! I put together a checklist of things to test, always hesitant about the reliability of first gen products :(