Boot Camp 2.1 Download will not run?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tayb, Jun 20, 2009.

1. tayb macrumors newbie

Okay so I searched on google + here and haven't found something similar to my problem. Not the best search engine here so if this has been asked/answered before please direct me there.

I have a early 2008 model Macbook Pro that I purchased from my school in early 2009 because they had it chilling there brand spanking new for $1,300. My first Apple computer.

I installed Windows 7 RC but I left my Leopard DVD in storage about 4 and a half hours from where I am. I downloaded the boot camp 2.1 for Vista from Apple but it won't launch. It just sits there. I double click on it and it just sits there. Nothing happens. I tried different versions, running in compatibility mode for all different sorts of older MS OS's, running as administrator, running in safe mode, etc. I cannot get the file to launch and I cannot find anyone who has a similar problem. Maybe I'm not searching for the right things but this is very frustrating.

Please help.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll have to install BootCamp 2.0 off of the DVD first to upgrade to 2.1. I had to obtain a disc image of Boot Camp 2.1 full installer elsewhere online.