Boot Camp 2.1 not working with windows 7

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blinddance, Jun 8, 2009.

1. blinddance macrumors newbie

Hi there. I knew it would have been problematic to install a microsoft beta on my unibody macbook (13 inch), but I kinda enjoy these challenges so. However, now I'm stuck. Let me explain the case.

I installed Windows 7, 64 bit to another partition. I let it do its update thing. When moving on to installing Boot Camp from the Mac OS DVD however things failed. I heard that if things does not work out as promised I would have to download the Boot Camp 2.1 64 bit version for windows vista from the apple website, so I did. This didn't change anything however. The OS as a whole works well as of now but there's no support for any of the hardware such as hotkeys, camera and multitouch. I've also noticed that the sound drivers don't work properly and I'm stuck with a red light in the earphone jack, together with no sound. This goes even AFTER installing the latest drives from Realtek's website.
    Lastly, it also seems that my graphics drivers are not working that well. The other day I was trying to play Plants VS Zombies but the whole game was very pixlated, nothing like it should be. The game itself does not have any settings for changing this.

So in short this is what does not seem to be working:
    - No support for the hardware such as isight camera, hotkeys, multitouch etc.
    - No sound.
    - Graphics not as good as they should be.

Does anyone have any ideas for solution? Since I've been working on this for 3 days now, I would be very glad for some help!

Thank you,

Carl

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What Mac do you have?

64-bit is a mess since Apple gives you no support unless you got a Mac that came with the 64-bit drivers in the first place. I had to obtain the BootCamp 2.1 disc image online to get my driver support.

3. blinddance thread starter macrumors newbie

Macbook 13 inch unibody with Mac OS X. So what do I do?

Thank you

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Did you check your OS X installer DVD for the BootCamp64 folder instead of just using the autorun installer?

5. blinddance thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooh, thank you so much. That was it, it works perfectly now.