Boot Camp 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by greenythebeast, Aug 17, 2008.

1. greenythebeast macrumors regular

I am planning on installing XP SP3 through boot camp later today. I know that Boot Camp 2.1 is nescessary to install SP3 and was wondering how I could check to see if I have 2.1 already. My XP CD already has SP3 integrated so I'm not sure if it would successfully install if 2.1 wasn't already installed. Please help!

2. greenythebeast thread starter macrumors regular

3. headfuzz macrumors 6502

headfuzz

Finder > Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp Assistant > :apple: + I ;)

4. greenythebeast thread starter macrumors regular

It says I have version 2.0, so how do I update it to 2.1 so I can install SP3 right off the bat?

5. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

6. alxths macrumors 6502

Are you saying that one shouldn't install XP SP3 with bootcamp 2.0? That's what I did, and then I updated to 2.1 through windows after the install.. was this incorrect? I ask this because I'm having wireless problems and am looking for a solution. That said, everything else in XP works fine.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

doesn't matter/that's not what is causing your wireless issues.

8. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

so yeah im also curios....i ordered an XP SP3 CD the other day, and im curious too...if i install XP SP3 from the disc then load up windows i should just be able to install 2.1 without a hitch?

thanks!