Boot camp 3.1 drivers on a 2007 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gomff, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Gomff macrumors 6502a

Hi all
    I have a 2007 Macbook Pro and I just downloaded the new 3.1 boot camp drivers for it, so I can install them in Windows 7.

I've tried running the installer as Administrator but the installation procedure doesn't start and Windows comes up with a message saying that it didn't install correctly.

Whats the trick to getting things to work? I already had to rebuild the Windows 7 install ISO to get past the EFI issues, so I'm wondering whether my machine is not supported.

Presently, I'm using the drivers from my Snow Leopard install DVD which I had to decompress and install one by one. Everything but the track pad seems to be working OK, but it would be nice to get that last thing working.

Cheers for any advice :confused::confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you check out this thread in the windows forum. Lots of discussion regarding the bootcamp 3.1 drivers.

btw, search is you're friend ;)

3. Gomff thread starter macrumors 6502a

Went through all 8 pages of it to find that nobody has got a fix for my model of Macbook Pro......Time (not) well spent. Thanks for the link.:mad:

So just to say for anyone else in my position, seems like the best you're going to get if you're running windows 7 on an unsupported Mac, is to get the bootcamp drivers from the Snow Leopard disk. Decompress them (right click and choose extract files), and then install individually.