Boot Camp 3.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MXChick23, Mar 4, 2010.

1. MXChick23 macrumors newbie

I just installed 3.1 from 3.0 thinking it would fix a few Window 7 clitches on my 13 inch uMBP, here are my questions;

My track pad still freezes often and the sensitivity is terrible, any suggestions?

The color on my LCD seems to have a yellow tint to it. It is not nearly as clear as it was with 3.0. I have messed with the NVIDIA settings and had no luck. I installed the lastest driver off the nvidia site

How do you engage the "tap to click" feature? I searched for an hour on this one.

I appreciate the help!

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

1) Your track pad freezes can be many issues. Whenever my track pad freezes (or track pad specific features are not working) I just restart the machine.

2) Your NVIDIA Control Center software should be the focus of your attention. You should be able to adjust the monitor from there to remove that yellow tint. To make sure it isn't a hardware issue, boot into OS X and calibrate your screen.

3) In Windows, Apple has a piece of software called, "Bootcamp Control Panel." This is where you can change boot options, F-key profiles, backlight brightness, and track pad capabilities. To use this, look for it on your task bar in the bottom right-hand side. If it isn't there, there should be an arrow pointed up, click that and you should see an icon that looks like a microchip that's angled, click it and enter the control panel.

3. MXChick23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pointers. The track pad now "taps to click". I was able to adjust the color by taking the digital vibrance from 90% to 50%... Seems a lot better now. Only problem remaining so far is the trackpad still is locking up for a couple seconds every few minutes... After reading a few threads I checked the Audio driver and it is up to date...