Boot Camp and 10.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NoBob, Nov 11, 2007.

1. NoBob macrumors member

Could someone tell me if Boot Camp still works with Tiger since Leopard's release, please? I don't want to install Leopard just yet.

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Boot Camp Beta for Tiger has expired and is not available to download or install.

If you already have Tiger and are using Bootcamp Beta, then nothing will change however, although you'll be stuck with the pre-release beta versions of the drivers.

Otherwise, you have no choice but to buy Leopard, which comes with the final version of Bootcamp.

3. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

Resurrecting old thread!

So, if I want to install the old Boot Camp Beta, it won't install? Has anyone tried this and had it work? (I don't have Leopard, and don't want to buy it this close to Snow Leopard.)

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

You might have to set your system clock back a couple years.

5. borcanm macrumors regular

You can instal Boot camp 1.4 or lower on Tiger if u set the clock in MacOSX (At the top right corner of the screen) to a date prior to Leopard's release.

How do you get boot camp 1.4 or lower, well the only way now is to look through the torrent sites for one. Also u can find newer bootcamp drivers for windows on torrent sites also.

With Snow Leopard just around the corner, Leopard just inst worth buying.

If you really want to get leopard, you can get it...well figure that out. Youll need an image file of the RETAIL Leopard disc.

(Yes Retail; theres a difference between the Leopard that comes with a mac and the Leopard bought separately from a store. Look it up).

Also use google to find out how to instal Leopard from an Ipod.

6. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

I have Boot Camp Beta on an external hard drive from when I tried it out a couple years ago. If all I have to do is move the clock back, that's pretty easy. And no, I don't want to move to Leopard before SL. I hear it's not as snappy (sort of why I still use XP instead of Vista).

7. borcanm macrumors regular

Yep. All you have to do is move the clock back to a time before the launch of Leopard.

But there are side effects. ? Yes. For example when using safari and you try to type a website, safari will no longer give you a few options of sites or fill in the website automatically, nor will it fill out forms, or usernames and passwords on sites. This is because MacOS X will not have any records for the new time u set. Other programs are affected too.

Is this bad. No just an inconvenience. And I think if u install windows then change the time in OS X to the present, your windows partition will not work unless you change the time back.

Thats it just an inconvenience. But really, with Snow Leopard around the corner you guys can wait.